Land Access Compensation Agreement

An owner cannot revoke his consent. For this reason, it is important to ensure that an agreement meets the needs of both parties for the duration of the exploration licence (usually five years). The period of access to limited land around certain buildings, structures or land is subject to the written agreement of the landowner. This consent may be included as a term in an agreement. All onshore gas companies that carry out exploration and development activities must comply with queenslanders` land laws. Where land can be used for public work, the provisions of the Land Administration Act 1997 apply. In short, these provisions involve a declaration of intent to take the land, which can be challenged by landowners. An objection cannot be made to the amount of compensation. Learn more about the compensation to be paid to the landowner for the land taken (page 121). While holders of oil titles cannot be denied access to private land, holders must first obtain written consent and, if necessary, negotiate a compensation package with private owners.

Holders of oil or geothermal titles are not entitled to start operations on private land until compensation has been paid, if any, to the owner and occupant of the land or until a compensation agreement has been reached. For more information on access to private land (page 120). Queensland Law Society has gathered below some useful information about your options. Agriculture is practised on 88% of Queensland`s land area. Owners or trustees of the land described above may accept registration for the purposes of the Oil and Geothermal Energy Resources Act of 1967. The agreement must be written down. Learn more about how the holder of the Title of Petroleum and Geothermal Energy Resources Act 1967 may be denied access to land. (page 120). If a pipeline route is considered, it is very likely that importation into the country will be necessary. Under the Petroleum Pipelines Act of 1969, the Minister of Mines and Petroleum may authorize entry to each country for preliminary investigations and studies. Landowners and occupants must be properly informed.

More information on how the landowner should be informed of the proposed pipeline (page 122). We have developed a guide to help a landowner and explorer obtain an agreement to access private property for exploration activities. It contains a checklist for landowners and explorers of how the agreement can be reached. As of March 31, 2019, a total of 4,746 CCAs have been negotiated between landowners and gas companies. Compensation already paid under these CCMs, including advance and annual payments, is estimated at more than $500 million. A country access contract is a contract negotiated between a commodity company and a private landowner regarding the rights of “country of access.”